This blog has a complicated story, and it's good that the new readers got a chance to know what happened this last year and how much trouble we went through to get you all this albums.
Initially Rock And Roll Archives was set on a blog.com address, which was just terrible (that's why you never see any blog.com blogs around, ever), then 3 months later we went to a wordpress.com address but that was a problem, after 3 months on Wordpress.com they shut us down and we had to move to our own server (still based on Wordpress) and with our own URL, first through .tk (but they shut us down) and finally on the actual address www.rockandrollarchives.net.
But that was not enough, after one year or so our server started to have continued problems, we changed, but we got to a point where it was impossible for them to take our bandwidth and they shut us down with no second thoughts, we lost everything with the exception of the blog skeleton. We moved servers once again and we had to upload more than 4000 images again and tag everything and fix things up...
WOW, as you all can see it wasn't easy, not to mention that Adf.ly suspended our account around one year ago and we had to replace all the old links, MANUALLY! But after all we made it through and we hope we will make it for some more time!
For our second anniversary we have prepared a post simillar to last year's with our top 50 most viewed albums, but this time only ten because, unfortunately, as we mentioned, we lost data 6 months ago so we don't have the numbers before that anymore. But anyway, this is curious and fun. There's also a lot of curious numbers below! Have fun and please share the blog around with your friends! :)
Number of posts: 5.046 (Over 2 thousand posts more than last year)
Artist with more posts: Eric Clapton (33)
Country with more posts: England (1.724)
Year with more posts: 1971 (427)
Genre with more posts: Progressive Rock (1.132)
Top 10 Posts:
PS. Remember that the blog lost all data a while ago so this numbers only show the last 6 months or so.
- U2 - War (1983) [Ireland, Post Punk/New Wave]
- Nico - The End... (1974) [Germany, Avant Garde/Folk]
- U2 - Boy (1980) [Ireland, Post Punk/New Wave]
- Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (1985) [England, Pop Rock/Blues Rock]
- Status Quo - Quo (1974) [England, Blues Rock/Hard Rock]
- Roxy Music - Heart Still Beating (1990) [England, New Wave/Pop Rock]
- Status Quo - Piledriver (1972) [England, Blues Rock/Hard Rock]
- Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You (1970) [England, Progressive Rock/Jazz Rock]
- Chaka Khan - Chaka (1978) [USA, Funk/Soul/Disco]
- Roxy Music - Flesh + Blood (1980) [England, New Wave/Pop Rock]